If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider, (free of charge) at feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.To view more details regarding certification, please visit the validation page by clicking on the seal below:
Types of Personal Information We Collect Through The Sites
You may browse our Sites without creating an online account, but touse certain features you or your ISO may be required to create an account. When you create anaccount with us, we may collect your name, email address, contact information, a username andpassword that you will use to access your account and other information. In addition, to submita question, comment, or post to a blog, you may be required to submit your name and emailaddress, and we may also ask you for other optional information, such as your business's websiteaddress.
We also collect information from you if you log into our Sites through an account created with athird-party website (e.g. Facebook, or LinkedIn). The option to access our Sites via thesethird-party websites may occur and will be entirely at your option. The information we are ableto migrate to our Sites from these third-party websites will depend on the privacy settings thatyou have in place with the third-party site from which you log in. If you choose to log into theSites via a third-party website, you hereby consent to our access to and collection of suchPersonal Information about you. We also collect the following types of Personal Informationthrough the Sites:
- Business owner contact information (such as name, address, email address, and phone number)and individual job information (such as job title)
- Personal and financial information necessary to assess your eligibility to access workingcapital
- Optional Personal Information you may wish to share in the furtherance of your fundingapplication
- Information about your visits to and use of the Sites or the websites of third-party servicesto help us maintain the appropriate features, functionality, and user experience
- Information to verify an individual's identity (including social security number, user nameand password, and other data elements such as driver's license number and age or date of birth)
- Individual financial or credit bureau information (such as a business owner's credit score,credit history, and bank account information)
- Personal Information contained in government filings or legal agreements (such as corporateformation agreements, business licenses, lease or loan agreements, and business tax returns)
- Information uploaded by users to our Sites, such as your driver's license, pictures of yourbusiness, and bank statements
- Any other Personal Information you submit or upload through our Sites or to one of our emailaddresses
We may also append to the Personal Information collected through our Sites data or an ISO's newor other data that we receive from other sources, such as public records, demographicinformation, and other background information supplied by information services or third parties.Examples of the types of Personal Information that may be obtained from other sources may include:
- Address information about you from third party sources, such as the U.S. Postal Service, toverify your address so we can properly ship your order to you and to prevent fraud.
- Purchased marketing data about our customers from third parties that is combined withinformation we already have about you, to create more tailored advertising and products.
- Credit / Background information about you from an outside reporting agency to help uswith customer authentication and credit-related decisions.
In addition, we automatically collect through our Sites information that is often not personallyidentifying, such as the website from which you came to our Sites and your IP address, browsertype, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site(e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data,and other information relating to the device through which you access the Sites. We maycombine this information with the Personal Information we have collected from you, which westore in log files. We do this to improve services we offer you.
Information We Collect From You and About You
Some information collected from you is required and some is optional; some will remain privateand some will be shared with third parties. Additional information may be gathered during yoursubsequent use of the Sites, whenever you choose to provide it. Certain Personal Information mustbe supplied to determine eligibility for financial products and to verify and guard againstpotential fraud. We will use this information to request a credit report from a credit bureau toprocess your application as well as to help assess your funding request in the context of youroverall financial situation. We will also use your required and optional information tofacilitate activities and transactions that need to occur during the funding process.
Additional Uses of Personal Information
We use the Personal Information you provide us and allow us accessas described herein for the following purposes:
- Respond to requests or inquiries, and for similar, customer-service-related purposes
- Evaluate your business's or customers' eligibility for products provided by or through usor our affiliates
- Effectuate or enforce a transaction or agreement
- Adjust offerings or services, provided by or through us or our affiliates, to yourbusiness and to tailor the information we send or display to you
- Provide you with information about our company or products — provided by or through usor our affiliates — that we believe you may find of interest, including marketingand promotional e-mails
- Authenticate visitors to our Sites
- Improve our Sites, offerings or services provided by or through us or our affiliates
- Better understand how users access and use our Sites, and offerings provided by or throughus or our affiliates, on an aggregated and individualized basis
Types of Disclosures of Personal Information
- To provide you with information relating to products or services that we believe you may findof interest; to provide you access to products, from third parties, if we cannot provide access
- In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal information in response tolawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcementrequirements
- In response to a subpoena or other legal process by a governmental entity or third party, orif otherwise required by law
- To protect or enforce our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others,investigate fraud, or respond to a government request
- In the event of the sale or dissolution (bankruptcy) of all of our assets, in which case, youwill be notified, there after by a prominent notice on our Web sites of any change in ownershipor uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding yourpersonal information
- To third parties involved in the process of providing services to us or you or performingfunctions on our behalf, such as contractors, customer service providers (e.g., informationtechnology or human resources consultants or service providers), credit bureaus, and collectionagencies. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary toprovide these services to us
- To our affiliates and subsidiaries for marketing purposes, or for product or service delivery
- To the ISO that referred you to us — for example, in connection with reporting on yourprogressin the application process or in connection with calculating or reporting on the commission dueto the referral source or otherwise
- To our lenders, investors, partners, or auditors in the course of their review or auditing us
- To provide products or services requested
- To our vendors, who may use the information to further improve their database services to us
Upon request we will provide you with information about whether wehold any of your personal information. If your personal information changes, or if you no longerwant updates or to be contacted for new products, you may correct, update, amend, delete/removeor deactivate your contact information by emailing our Customer Support at[email protected] or by contacting us by telephone orpostal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within areasonable timeframe.
We will retain your information for as long as your account isactive or as needed to provide you services. In additional we are required to keep, retain yourinformation as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforceagreements.
Cookies and Analytics
We partner with third parties to either display advertising on our Web sites or to manage ouradvertising on other sites. Our third party partners may use technologies such as cookies togather information about your activities on the sites and other sites in order to provide youadvertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have thisinformation used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clickinghere. Please note this does not opt you out ofbeing served ads; you will continue to receive generic ads.
Social Media Widgets
We display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our sitesin addition to other endorsements. With your consent we may post your testimonial along withyour name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at[email protected]
We may send you emails from time-to-time about information that we(or third parties) believe may be of interest to you. We may also send you news and offers fromus or other third parties, which may include our newsletter or information about special offers,products or offerings, or other items. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving thesepromotional e-mails, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail.
Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If youopt-out of receiving emails or promotions from us, we still may send you e-mails about youraccount, your application or any products or services you have requested or received from us, orfor other customer service purposes. You do not have an option to opt out of these emails, whichare not promotional in nature.
We take reasonable steps to safeguard your personal andsensitive information through vigorous physical, electronic, and operational policies andpractices. Data can only be read or written through defined service access points, the use ofwhich is password-protected. The physical security of the data is achieved through a combinationof network firewalls (there is no direct communication allowed between the database server andthe Internet) and servers with operating systems, all housed in a secure facility. Access to thesystem is controlled.
Further, we also equip our servers with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate technology toensure that when you connect you are actually on our Sites. SSL also ensures that all dataentered into the web sites is encrypted. To verify that SSL is being used, look for the key orpadlock icon on your browser. For further encryption protection, we use a 128-bit secure browserfor logins and transactions. Portions of our sites may make use of "CAPTCHA" technology, which isa test that we use to ensure certain sensitive transactions are being initiated by a human andnot by another computer. The test involves viewing a distorted image of a word that a computerwould not be able to interpret and then entering in the text shown in the image. Finally, wesubject our systems to periodic security audits to ensure that your information is thoroughlyprotected and secure.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure,however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions aboutsecurity on our Web sites, you can contact us at [email protected].
Secure, Off-Site Hosting
We store all sensitive financial data such as social securitynumbers and bank accounts in a secure environment.
Protection of Account Numbers
When we contact you about your account or to confirm a fundstransfer, we only reference the last four digits of your social security number; this is donefor your protection.
Your password is not known to any employee or third party with whomwe may partner, and we will never ask for your password as a means of identifying yourself. Youshould never share your password with anyone, and if you ever receive an email purporting tocome from us that asks for your password, you should immediately report this development to usat [email protected].
What You Can Do
In addition to our own substantial efforts, you can take severalprecautions to protect the security of your computer and Personal Information. For instance, youcan start by using a complex/well-chosen password. You should avoid using any information thatothers can easily learn about you, such as a family member's name or birthday; you can also usespecial characters in place of letters. We also recommend that you change your passwordfrequently. You can also install and regularly update antivirus and firewall software to protectyour computer or device from external attacks by malicious users. When you are finished with asession on our sites, be sure that you log out and close the browser window.
If you use a computer that is accessed by other people, such as in a public library or Internetcafe, we recommend that you take special precautions to protect the security of your account andpersonal data. When you are finished using our sites, you should log out completely, then closethe browser window and clear the browser's cache files.
You should also be aware of fraudulent attempts to gain access to your account information knownas "phishing." Phishing is a tactic used by scammers in which unsuspecting people are brought toa website by a genuine-looking email purporting to be from a legitimate company. The phony or"spoof" email takes the person to a website that looks legitimate but in fact is not. Either inthe email itself or on this fake site, scammers will ask for login information to gain access topeople's accounts and withdraw their money. We will never ask you for your login information inthe context of any email. In general, you can protect yourself against phishing by neverproviding personal or login information via an email, instead, go the web site directly. Youmight also make it a habit to check the URL of a web site to be sure that it contains the correctdomain. You should always ensure the URL contains the domain horizonbusinessfunding.comat the beginning of the URL.
Changes to This Policy
We also employ session time-outs to protect your account. You willbe logged out of the Sites automatically after a specified period of inactivity. This time-outfeature reduces the risk of others being able to access your account if you leave your computerunattended.
Horizon Business Funding, LLC
100 William Street, Suite 900
New York, NY 10038