5 Reasons Why Halloween is a Great Small Business Holiday
Halloween is here, and at Horizon we’re celebrating, as well as our small business customers. It’s a great holiday, and for business owners there are a whole lot of reasons to love it. Here are five that business owners can embrace as they enjoy the special day.
1) It’s the beginning of the holidays. The holiday season is generally the start of retailers strongest sales months, and Halloween is just the beginning, with Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday, not to mention last minute shopping days all on the horizon.
2) It’s a chance to lay the groundwork for future sales. The positive impression you make during Halloween selling is a chance to lay the groundwork for a relationship that matures during the holiday shopping season! That’s one of the reasons why business owners should relish the chance to take part in the spooky fun of the holiday, and make the experience of Halloween in their communities that much more memorable.
3) You can make it a party. Who doesn’t like a Halloween party? Hosting or participating in a community event is a powerful way to build good will and get your name out there. Thinking of ways to have fun during the season, whether through stocking up on treats for trick-or-treaters or through participating in a local event, is a whole part of the fun that boosts your business as well.
4) You can wear a costume. A costume is fun to wear, and can be something that breaks up the monotony of the office and brings your employees closer together. Having costume day is one way that you can help your office get closer and boost your employees feelings of liking the place where they work, and it’s one of the easiest ways to make your office feel festive.
5) It’s on Friday this year! Enjoy, and have a happy and safe holiday.
Photo Credit to Markéta Veselá on Flickr